This article will show you how to install Software Companions GerbView 10.10 on your PC. Follow the instructions and direct download link to install Software Companions GerbView version 10.10 on your PC.
Table of Contents
- About the software
- Software Companions GerbView.10 System requirements
- GerbView version 10.10: How can I download and install software companions
- Files needed
About the software
GerbView(tm), an advanced, but simple-to-use program, allows you to view, print, and convert Gerber (ODB++), Adobe PDF, Excellon and HPGL/2 formats.
GerbView can convert Gerber files between RS-274D Gerber formats as well as older Gerber format files to the new RS-274X extended format. The embedded aperture information in the extended Gerber format is useful for reducing errors during manufacturing.
GerbView’s pdf to CAD capability allows you convert Adobe PDF files to Gerber and Autodesk DXF.
Gerbview allows you to visualize the design on the computer or in printed copy. No longer do you need to wait to see your actual design on a prototype circuit board. To check apertures, distances, and tools with the query and measure tools, you can use them.
GerbView can be used to create a workspace. It can contain one or several files from any of the supported file format. You can save the workspace for later use. The workspace you save will link to the design files. All you have to do is reload the workspace file in order to see the entire design.
The workspace can include markup elements such as text, barcodes (arrows, lines), images, ellipses, polygons, and text. All markup components can be burn-in and added to a Gerber layers. This feature allows you to easily add text or barcode images directly to a layer.
GerbView can rasterize single files, or whole workspaces, and save to one of the supported raster formats.
Prints can be scaled and in real size. You can print with all Windows-based plotters or printers. Poster mode, also called tiled pages or poster mode, is used to print large designs on several smaller A4/Letter sheets.
The main features of Software Companions GerbView are:
- View, print, edit, markup and convert Gerber and Adobe PDF to Excellon, ODB++, Gerber and HPGL/2 (PLT).
- Convert your Gerber, Excellon, ODB++ and HPGL/2 files to Autodesk DXF, Adobe PDF and other formats.
- Convert RS-274D and RS-274X. Also called extended Gerber format.
- Convert PDF files into Gerber RS-274X (HPGL/2, or DXF).
- Convert multiple Gerber files to a multi-layer PDF, DWF or DXF file. Learn how to create layered PDF files.
- Convert ODB++ into a layered PDF or individual files using Extended Gerber RS274X, PDF, DXF or SVG.
- Gerber X2 files and Pad attributes are supported.
- Add markups, also know as annotations, using text, images, QR-codes, barcodes, symbols, lines, polygons and other shapes.
- Use the markup burn-in feature to convert markup elements to native Gerber data.
- Compare Gerber layers, and see the differences.
- You can remove a select number of items from a Gerber File.
- Items can be deleted based on aperture selection or usage.
- Gerber apertures are replaced by individual choice or usage.
- Report aperture usage for any or all layers
- Printing and command line conversion are included.
- Query entity information in Gerber files, ODB++, HPGL/2, Excellon files, and HPGL/2 files.
- Measure distances, areas and perimeters using snapping pads or tracks.
- Both imperial and metric units are supported.
- Look for and list the components of ODB++ files.
- Highlight selected apertures from ODB++ and Gerber files.
- Add files in different formats to a single workspace.
- There is no limit on the number files that can be placed in a workspace. However, memory limits may apply.
- Visibility, rotation, scaling, mirroring and position of all loaded files can be set individually.
- Paste a selection from the display onto a clipboard.
- You can zoom in and pan using the mouse wheel.
- For printing, you can define your header and footer.
Software Companions GerbView.10 System Requirements
- Windows XP SP 3 32 bit
- Windows Vista 32-64 bit
- Windows 7, 32 & 64 bit
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 8.1 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 10, 32 & 64 bit
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2023
- Windows Server 2023
- Windows Server 2023
- Supports Citrix Terminal Server.
How to download and install software companions GerbView v10.10
- To download the files, click on the button(s) that appears below. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. See this article if you are unsure how to extract. QWERTY will always be your password for extracting.
Run Setup.exe and install the software