This article will guide you through how to download the full version Software Companions GerbView (v10.10) for free on your Windows PC. For instructions on how to install Software Companions GerbView 10.10 on your computer, follow the link below.
Table of contents
- Software Companions GerbView.10 System requirements
- GerbView V10.10: How do I download and install software companions?
- Files needed
More information about the software
GerbViewTM is an advanced yet simple-to use application that allows you to view/print and convert Gerber and ODB++ files, as well as Adobe PDF, Excellon or HPGL/2.
GerbView supports both RS-274D Gerber and RS-274X Gerber formats. It can also be used to convert Gerber files to RS-274X Extended format. The embedded aperture information in the extended Gerber format is useful for reducing errors during manufacturing.
With GerbView’s PDF to CAD capability you can convert your Adobe PDF files to Gerber or Autodesk DXF.
Gerbview will allow you to visualize your design in both hardcopy and on the screen. No longer do you need to wait to see your actual design on a prototype circuit board. Use the precise measure and query tool to verify apertures, tools, distances, etc.
GerbView allows you to create a workspace which can include one or more of the supported file types. The workspace can be saved to be used later. The workspace saved will link to your design files. To see the entire design, you only need to reload it.
Add markup elements, such as text or barcodes, images, lines, ellipses, polygons or arrows to the workspace. All markup elements are able to be burned-in, and can then become part of the Gerber layer. This feature allows you to easily add text or barcode images directly to a layer.
GerbView has the ability to rasterize single files as well as entire workspaces. You can then save to one or more of the supported file formats.
Print scaled or in full size. All Windows-based plotters, printers and scanners are supported. Poster mode, also known as tiled pages, can be used to print large designs and drawings on for example several smaller A4/Letter pages.
The main features of Software Companions GerbView are:
- View, print, edit, markup and convert Gerber and Adobe PDF to Excellon, ODB++, Gerber and HPGL/2 (PLT).
- Convert Gerber-, Excellon-, ODB++ and/or HPGL/2 files to Autodesk Adobe DXF or other formats.
- Convert RS-274D to RS-274X. Also known by extended Gerber formatting.
- Convert PDF files to Gerber RS-274X or HPGL/2.
- Convert multiple Gerber files to a multi-layer PDF, DWF or DXF file. Learn more about creating layers PDF files.
- Convert ODB++ to a layered PDF, or to individual files using Extended Gerber (RS274-X), PDF, DXF, SVG or other formats.
- Gerber X2 files and Pad attributes are supported.
- Markups are also known as annotations. You can use text, images, QR codes, barcodes and symbols to add markups.
- Use the markup burn-in feature to convert markup elements to native Gerber data.
- Compare Gerber layers, and see the differences.
- Remove a group of items from a Gerber loaded file.
- Based on aperture selection and use, you can remove items.
- Gerber apertures can be replaced by individual or usage selection.
- Report aperture usage for one or all layers.
- Printing and command line conversion are included.
- Query entity information from Gerber, Excellon, HPGL/2, ODB++ files.
- Measure distances, areas and perimeters, with or without snapping to pads and tracks.
- Both imperial as well as metric units can be supported.
- You can search and list components in ODB++ files.
- Highlight selected apertures from ODB++ and Gerber files.
- Add files of different formats to a single workspace.
- There is no limit on the number files that can be placed in a workspace. However, memory limits may apply.
- All loaded files can be individually controlled for visibility, rotation, scaling or mirroring.
- Copy a section of the display to a clipboard and then paste it into another Windows program.
- You can zoom in and pan using the mouse wheel.
- Printing can be done with a user-definable header and footer.
Software Companions GerbView v10.10 System Requirements
- Windows XP SP3 32bit
- Windows Vista 32 & 64 bit
- Windows 7, 32, and 64 bits
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 8.1 64, 32, and 64 bit
- Windows 10, 32 or 64 bit
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2023
- Windows Server 2023
- Windows Server 2023
- Supports Citrix Terminal Server.
How to Download and Install Software Companions GerbView v10.10
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. Depending upon your download speed, it may take anywhere from a few seconds to several hours.
- Extract the downloaded files. This article will help you learn how to extract. QWERTY is the password for extracting.
Run Setup.exe. Install the software